Thursday, September 5, 2013

Review: The Demon's Bargain (Demons Unleashed Erotic Novellas #1) by Lisa Alder

 
The Demon's Bargain (Demons Unleashed Erotic Novellas, #1)
 
The Demon's Bargain (Demons Unleashed Erotic Novellas #1) by Lisa Alder
Publication Date: March 23rd 2011
Genre: Adult Paranormal Erotic
Pages: 87
Format: Kindle
Source: Free on Amazon
 
 
~Summary~
 
When the Demon bargains for one night of her pleasure...no one loses.

Vetis, the Demon of Corruption, is bored. It’s too easy to tempt humans into committing horrible acts and the appeal has worn thin. He’s restless and seeking distraction...until a gambler offers to settle a debt by submitting his wife for Vetis’s use.

One tiny glimpse of the rage in Amara and the absolutely sexless way she endures his sensual touch, and Vetis has his challenge. He’ll make this woman enjoy the carnal pleasures of sex.

The bargain is struck. One night. Of HER pleasure. And the debt will be paid.

Ill-used by her husband, Amara believes she is doomed, for she has no pleasure within her, her innocence forfeit long ago. But as Amara’s body awakens with sinful desires and carnal longings, hope begins to blossom that pleasure is within her reach.

Demons never fail and the challenge is on. Vetis knows with the right sensual persuasion the debt will be paid in pleasure, however he doesn’t bargain on falling in love.

Warning: this erotic romance novella contains m/f/m sex, light bondage, and smokin' hot demon sex
 
 
~My Thoughts~

I don't know why but I'm always surprised on how well these erotic’s are crafted, how the sex just flows seamlessly into the story line. Before I got into these I always thought erotic’s were just adult books, meaning they just had sex added into them. Nothing more than that. Just an added bonus for the adults out there. But now I see erotic’s are different from adult books, I see they're two different things really. Adult books just have the added bonus but the erotic’s have a well-placed steamy scene that help move along the storyline. And I absolutely love that. Absolutely. I just can't get enough and my favorites are of course paranormal.
Anyways, where I'm going with this is that this is another well-crafted erotic and I want more of the tale. The storyline is very original and for most of the background story it felt like a fairytale. You know, "Once upon a time" feel to the Demons and Fae's history. From the very beginning I was hooked and this feel made it so much more intriguing. It was definitely unexpected and I loved that!
I also loved how slowly but surely we learnt about Amara's past. Okay, it wasn't slow because this is a novella but the bits and pieces were placed perfectly throughout the story, we were never bombarded with her history. Which is another thing that readers will love because you'll just crave to want to get to know her. It's one of those past where you're just dying to know, dying to know why she's become so cold and emotionless, but it’s also one where you're afraid of what might be hiding in the shadows.
And with the help of Vetis, Demon of Corruption, we're able to have courage to go chin up in those shadows as he breaks down Amara's wall as he shows her that she can have pleasure after all. With Vetis you can't help but swoon and for me (like I'm sure with most women out there....hopefully) when I read these I always seem to imagine my significant other. My man and let’s just say it makes the books that much hotter haha. Sorry family members.....but come on, I'm sure y'all know by now haha.
Now, I read a reviewer didn't like this cause they fell in love after sex, but its more than that. Plus, they spend like three whole days together haha. Him trying to get to know her and him wanting to show her another side to the sex world. She too later finds out more about him when she finally breaks down her walls. But anyways, what I'm saying is from Amara's view point this is the first time she's ever gotten a gentle touch from a man and we all know if ones been abused for so long and they finally experience a gentler person they of course fall easily for them. Vetis’s point of view is that he just wants to protect her from her evil bastard of a husband. Damn gambler >_<. So in my eyes, they fell in love in a different kind of way. But we all have our opinions.
Overall I devoured this and I just couldn't put down my tablet. Though I'm not giving this five bats because there were some edit problems and the ending, well I wasn't totally satisfied. I felt like it ended kind of suddenly, maybe not, but I wanted more of the war between the Demons and the Fae. I guess my lack of satisfaction is because the sequel to this has different characters, so I'm kind of afraid that the powerful subplot of the war is going to be shoved to the side. It'll just all be rehashed to us, no real movement into it. But I hope I'm wrong and the awesomeness of this author's storytelling will shine through.
Forewarning: when reading this make sure your husband, boyfriend, or lover is nearby as there is major foreplay in here that you’ll just be dying to try…..especially if you love chocolate ;)
 
 4.5 Bats
 
Will disturb your being with a side of oily skin
 
 
Happy Reading Everybody!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment