Monday, September 23, 2013

Review: Tidal (Watersong #3) by Amanda Hocking

Tidal (Watersong, #3)
 
Tidal (Watersong #3) by Amanda Hocking
Publication Date: June 4th 2013
Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 342
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
 
 
~Summary~
 
The magical world of Watersong is about to change forever. The answers Gemma and her friends have been searching for are finally revealed - but evil is closing in and time is running out....

 
Gemma and Harper Fisher are facing the fight of their lives. Gemma has been cursed with extraordinary powers that have a terrifying dark side, but she's finally found what she needs - a way to break the curse and become human again. However, finding the means to do it will be her greatest challenge yet. And now Penn, Lexi, and Thea - the gorgeous but deadly creatures who cursed her - are determined to kill her before she has a chance. Making matters worse, Penn has her sights set on Daniel - the guy Harper loves - and Penn always gets what she wants.
 
As Gemma and Harper race to break the curse before it's too late, they're thrust deeper into a mythical world of immortal secrets. They must into their enemies' past to find the answers they need, even if it means being drawn deeper into their savagely beautiful world. But one of the girls is not what she seems...and Gemma finds an unlikely ally as she struggles to save herself. Will it be enough to break an ancient curse that no one has ever escaped from alive?

 
 
~My Thoughts~

I absolutely love this series, I really do. However this one seemed a little boring at times. Which is why I'm so torn because I love this series. But this being the third book I was hoping for a little more.....okay, a lot more.
Though that being said, things did move along and I don't know why but I'm surprised on where things are going. They're going in the right direction and I can't wait to read the last and final book. I'm seriously wondering how things are going to end!
There's just so much emotion in this book, not only for the characters but for the readers. Which is why I love this series and why I feel like it's always so hard to write reviews for these books because there's just so much going on! The break ups, the romance, the fighting to survive, the going behind each other’s back, and there's just so much drama. And we all know who starts the drama, the bitch name Penn. Ugh, she’s so evil in this book! >_< Seriously, Gemma needs to kick her ass in the final book. Or Harper, ooh I would love to see that.
In this book we get to see how Gemma lives life with her new found power. For the first time she's finally living out in the real world while being a siren and with her uncontrolled powers. This can get her into some sticky situations if she isn't careful enough. I feel bad for her, every time she tries to do good with her powers they always go wrong and she hurts the one she loves. Ugh, I want Alex back. He's going through lots of changes thanks to Gemma trying to help with her powers. God, this story is just so heartbreaking.
Though Alex isn't the only male that's struggling, Daniel is too thanks to the evil queen. Can someone cut Penn's head off next? She's putting Daniel into a situation that he doesn't deserve to be in but I understand his side, I mean he's all about protecting his love Harper. *sigh* This couple is so adorable and swoon worthy. And they finally got a little steamy towards the end, I was so happy! Especially since it was so romantic!
Along with the main guys we get to see behind the eyes of the sirens this time. We get to dive deeper into their history and deeper into the mythology, I was so excited. We also get to see firsthand on how truly evil Penn can be. She'll turn on anyone, including blood. Thea's the only sane siren and you can't help but feel bad for her. I'm so proud of her at the end of the book!
Overall there's just so much drama, it'll consume you! The writing is beautiful, it'll sweep you right out of reality and into the lives of these amazingly well developed characters. And the last 50 or so pages, oh my god, I just couldn't breathe. I was sitting on the edge of my seat and getting chills from the depth of the details. When Lexi dragged her claw along the door, it made me cringe and think of nails being dragged on a chalkboard. Let's just say Amanda knows how to write a spine chilling atmosphere. Seriously, go pick up this book and lock yourself up because you won't want to leave this world, especially once you finally learn how to kill an evil siren.
 
4.5 Bats
Will disturb your being
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment